Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Years! Looking Ahead Into 2013...

Happy New Years, everyone! I hope you had a fun, safe night ringing in the New Years. I was lucky enough to be in Nashville to celebrate with my best friend:



Fancy dinner, fancy wine, fancy ladies - what's not to love?

2013 is officially here and I have a hard time thinking of it with anything but unabashed glee. My first semester at Regent was filled with so much fun, growth, and delicious challenge that I can't help but have rose colored glasses on when I look at the year ahead.

I was looking at my year end wrap up post from 2011 and reflecting on what a hard place I was at when I was writing those words. I am just happy to be happy as 2012 concludes. I predicted that while 2011 was a year of waiting and holding on, 2012 was going to be year of changing and doing. I was right on that score.

Looking ahead, I want 2013 to be a year of discovery and enjoying. I want to enjoy the place that I'm at right now and continue to discover more about myself and path that lies before me. I want to enjoy being happy and continue to discover what it will look like for me to be content and faithful in the years ahead.

With that in mind, I only have three resolutions for this year [and one is the same as last year ;)]:

1) To read at least 50 books in 2013 and to have at least 10 of them be pleasure books, not just for school

2) To write every day - whether 50 words or 500

3) To challenge myself to find creative ways to connect my heart and my head in my day to day actions

I wish everyone a blessed new year - whether 2012 was the best year of your life or the worst, the new year is a reminder that our lives aren't set in stone. It's not too late to make a change or to appreciate what you have. Let's all make the most out of 2013 that we can

What are your resolutions for 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment